The National Flag of Paraguay was adopted in 1842. The emblem and the proportions are the same since that date. The flag has three horizontal stripes of equal width in the colors red, white and blue. It had its official creation in the Extraordinary General Congress of the national Parliament, on November 25, 1842. On the obverse it presents another shield, with two palm and olive branches that curve in the shape of a crown, surrounding a star; on the reverse, the flag bears a shield with the image of a lion accompanied by a Phrygian cap and the inscription "Peace and Justice".
¡Frigochaco salutes the Flag on its day. !